5.28.2010

My 5 Day Weekend

Every working person is looking forward to having a 3 day weekend for Memorial Day, I remember feeling the same way when I worked outside of the home. 
I am having a 5 day Memorial weekend.  My husband left on Thursday with our 20 year old Grandson to go go West Virginia for a town reunion, they will return on Monday.  It's the town where his grandparents lived, and as a child, he spent every opportunity he could to be there with them.  He has a heart full of memories of the people and places there, and Mac has gone with him twice now and has become an expert on re-telling those tales of the mountains!  As long as Mac can go with him...I stay home and allow it to be a Grandpa/Grandson experience.  We'll all be going again in July, but it will be for a family reunion at that time.  Can't get enough of those reunions!
So, I'm spending the holiday alone.  I will work in the yard a bit, hang my new flag bunting on the fence, spray paint a mirror and whatever else I feel like.  I'm good with being alone.  In fact, I rather enjoy it-everything in moderation.
Have a safe and glorious Memorial Day-take time to remember those who  now serve and the ones who have served in the past; and those who have paid the ultimate price....and thank God for your blessings.

5 comments:

Mari said...

We're having a different weekend here too. I have to work the weekend, but have Monday off. Bob has Sunday off, but will have to work Monday. So - who knows what I'll be up to on Monday? I have plenty of things to choose from.
Enjoy your 5 days!

Ily said...

Just reading about your Memorial Day plans relaxed me. I need to start a garden and find more alone time.

Btw, I never thought about spray painting a mirror. I have one that's chipping away and it's a great idea!

Amrita said...

Have a good weekend

Jada's Gigi said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend...
A "town" reunion...now that's a novel idea...

Mrs. Mac said...

I was able to sneak away from my family to surprise my youngest brother at his 50th b/d party. Boy .. was he surprised! Got to see my folks too. A good weekend .. spent at the beach near Moro Bay, CA. I'm so looking forward to your trip in October!!!